A man is said to suffer from erectile dysfunction or ED if he is not able to achieve or sustain a firm and strong penile erection. Medicines such as Sildenafil citrate, Tadalafil, Vardenafil are very effective for treating erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil citrate was the first ED medicine approved for use in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. If you follow certain tips, you will able to obtain effective results with this medication.
Erectile dysfunction or ED occurs when there is a lack of blood supply to the penile organ. Medicines such as Sildenafil citrate, Tadalafil, Vardenafil, and Avanafil improve the blood supply to the penile and thereby restore erection. Among all ED medicines, Sildenafil citrate was the first oral medicine approved by the FDA in 1998.
About Sildenafil citrate
Sildenafil citrate is a powerful PDE-5 inhibitor that works by inhibiting the action of PDE-5 enzyme. The inhibition of PDE-5 leads to a rise in the levels of cGMP inside the penile region. cGMP helps in the dilation of blood vessels and smooth muscle relaxation. The dilated blood vessels are wider in size and they supply an increased quantity of blood to the penile organ.
After taking Sildenafil citrate orally, the effect is observed within 30 minutes and lasts for about four to five hours. It is sold in various doses such as 25mg, 50mg, and 100mg. If you are using this medication for the first time, your doctor will prescribe you a 50mg dose. The dose can be decreased up to 25mg and increased up to 100mg. Sildenafil citrate 100mg is the most effective dose.
For obtaining effective results with Sildenafil citrate, follow the below tips-
1. You must tell your entire medical history to your medical practitioner before taking this medication.
2. Take this medication at least half an hour before having sexual intercourse.
3. Do not take more than one dose of Sildenafil citrate in 24 hours.
4. Do not consume fatty meals while taking this medication. Take this medication preferably on an empty stomach. Fats can interfere with the absorption of this medication.
5. Limit your alcohol consumption and tell your doctor if you are using marijuana.
6. Take this medication only as and when required.
7. If you are allergic to any of the PDE-5 inhibitors such as Tadalafil, Vardenafil, do not take Sildenafil citrate.
8. Avoid engaging in activities such as driving and operating machinery while using this medication as it is likely to make you drowsy.
9. Take this medication only after consulting your doctor.
10. If you are taking nitrates or blood pressure-lowering medications, do not take Sildenafil citrate as taking these medications together can result in severe hypotension.
The most commonly observed side effects of this medication include headache, sinus congestion, dizziness, flushing, and back pain. These side effects are temporary and they diaper after the drug is removed from the body. In case any of these side effects worsen or last longer, call your doctor instantaneously. The risk of side effects might increase with higher doses such as Sildenafil citrate 100mg.
This medication is well-tolerated by most men suffering from erectile dysfunction.
Follow the tips and obtain effective results with Sildenafil citrate. You can purchase this medication at local pharmacies or online drugstores. You need a valid copy of a prescription for purchasing this medication. Just remember to select a reputed pharmacy stores as nowadays several fake pharmacies have come up.