There are several ways to close apps on iPhones. You can close them normally or force quit them. If you are new to iOS and do not know the various ways of closing apps, then read on.
Try these steps to know more:
Closing an application on iPhone 8 or older
- Double-tap the Home icon to launch the app switcher.
- Now go to the application page, which you want to close.
- Then hold your application and swipe to the upward direction.
- Now swipe up over your application card, which you desire to close by sliding it upward.
You may enable a multitasking feature as well. Follow these simple steps to know how it could be done:
- Navigate to your iPhone’s screen and then hit the edge corner.
- Then use the same finger to the central part of your screen.
- Then go to the application card which you wish to close and swipe it upwards.
Quitting Apps on iPhone X
It is not generally recommended to force quit the app unless it is urgent. When you close any of the apps forcibly, it will perform a change to your iPhone X.
To force quit the app on iPhone X, continue with these steps:
- First of all, go to the lowermost portion of your screen and then hit the gesture area.
- Swipe your finger in the upward direction, keep your finger in the same area and wait for some time until you see a card-shaped multitasking interface on your screen.
- Now hit and hold the application which you wish to close until you see a “_” symbol with red circle present at the uppermost left-hand-side edge of your app.
- Now swipe up your application.
- You may also touch the red-colored circle as an alternative way.
Shutting the application on iPad
Follow these steps to close an application on your iPad:
- Navigate to the home screen of your iPad and then hit the double click on it.
- Go to the app switcher and then search for any of the apps that you wish to close.
- Then swipe upwards on the application which you desire to quit. Use your fingers to do this.
Force quitting the app on your iPad using gestures
Continue with these steps to perform the quitting action:
- Use your one of the fingers and swipe down the page to the upward direction from the lowermost portion of your screen in case you are under any application.
- After some time, you will see a dock. Launch the app-switching function page & Control Center by swiping it again and again.
- Next, search for the application from the application switcher which you want to close.
- Now swipe the application.
- You may access your Control Center as well.
Hey I am Alex Clara, a certified technical professional for mcafee with over five years of experience. If you face any issue regarding your mcafee.com/activate then can help in all sorts of problem and get instant solution from mcafee Experts in a small time period.