QuickBooks is one of that accounting software which is not free from software, hardware, and server glitches. One can confront all kinds of glitches while using this accounting software and one such error is QuickBooks Error 6000 82. However, this software error occurs when user is trying to open the company file in QuickBooks. When this error occurs, users are denied access to a company file on another computer. If you want to remove this multiple user environment errors to cause a disturbance in your work, then you need to take assistance from experts via quickbooks tech support number that is reachable 24*7.
What are the causes that led to the QuickBooks Error 6000 82?
If you are thinking about the reason, which is responsible for the occurrence of this error, then they are given below:
- When the QuickBooks Company file is damaged.
- If the company file is not there in the network of another computer.
- If the source name of data is damaged.
- When the QuickBooks software, which is installed, is encrypted or corrupted.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82?
One can solve this error quickly by using the troubleshooting steps that are mentioned below in this blog:
Method 1: Remove spaces from Company Name
- First sign-out from the QuickBooks account.
- Now locate the folder in which company file is placed and open it.
- Right-click on the company name and choose the option of Rename.
- Try removing all the spaces that are there in the company name and even in the file extension.
- Now you can try to open or create the new QuickBooks company file.
Method 2: Turn off the hosting from the location where QuickBooks is installed.
For single user
- Open files and click on Utilities
- Now choose the option of Stop Hosting Multiple User.
- When the pop up appears, click Yes to stop hosting multiple users.
- Another pop up will appear, make sure to click Yes only.
For multiple users
- On all computers where this error is displayed, go to window No Company Open.
- Then select File > Utilities
- You can see the option of Hosting Multiple User Access and then click on stop hosting Multiple User Access to turn off the hosting.
- Now try to open a new company file.
Even after applying the above, two methods if you are not able to fix this error entirely then you need the assistance of professionals. Moreover, one can reach the customer care team by calling quickbooks customer care where you will be provided with the prompt response.
Read more: quickbooks helpline number
Source URL: How do I resolve this QuickBooks error 6000 82