Mozilla provides the users with an open-source, cross-platform email client in the name of Thunderbird. Mozilla Thunderbird is a popular substitute to Microsoft Outlook. Thunderbird is widely renowned as a flexible, powerful, and highly efficient application. This application caters to millions of users all across the globe. A common issue which the users of this application face are when they wish to reset the password of their Mozilla Thunderbird email. This is an easy process which the users can undertake using some elementary steps. The users also have the option of connecting with mozilla thunderbird contact number
Ways to reset Mozilla Thunderbird Email Password
If you wish to change the password of Mozilla Thunderbird, then the steps which you would have to follow are as mentioned below:
- The user would first have to change the password for the email account you are using with the help of the web interface for the respective email service.
- When you have changed the password for the email, close Thunderbird and then reopen it.
- Now you have to click on the option of Get Mail in Mozilla Thunderbird’s main toolbar.
- Further click on the option of ‘Enter New Password’ which would be available under the ‘Login to_failed’ option.
- You would then have to enter the new password of your email account under the ‘Enter your password for_’ option.
- You also need to ensure that you have selected the option ‘Use Password Manager to remember this password.’ If you do not choose for this option, Mozilla Thunderbird would not remember the password or save the new password that you have entered.
- Once you have done this, click on the ‘OK’ option and then select the ‘Write’ option form the main toolbar.
- Further, try sending a test email to yourself.
- Now click on the ‘Enter New Password’ option under ‘Login to server _failed’ and then type the new password for your email account under the ‘Enter your password for _ on _.’
- If you find the Send Message Error appearing with a notification which states ‘The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server timer out’ then simply click on OK and then press the send option again.
If the users are unable to reset the password using the steps given above, then they would have to resort to connecting with mozilla thunderbird tollfree number. This service is accessible throughout the day at any given hour. The users can connect with this service using a toll-free number. The professional at this service would ensure that your issue has been catered with utmost care.
Read more: mozilla thunderbird technical support number
Source URL: How to reset Mozilla Thunderbird Email Password