When it comes to your Norton security software, you must never compromise, since even a small technical glitch can cause a security breach. You should contact Norton helpline number whenever you encounter an error you do not know how to resolve. You should also try and learn as much as possible about the errors so that you can fix them on your own. This article will give you some simple solutions you can use to fix Norton Error Code 9999 174 and get your security software back on track.
Solution 1: Run the System File Checker
The System File Checker tool automatically scans your system and restores any files that may have caused Norton to malfunction. You can follow the steps give below to run the System File Checker tool on your computer:
- Step 1: Go to the search option and type ‘Command Prompt’ in the box
- Step 2: Right-click the Command Prompt and select ‘Run as administrator.’
- Step 3: Enter your admin password if required, and continue to the next step.
- Step 4: Type the following in the command prompt: “sfc /scannow.”
- Step 5: Wait until the file checker tool scans the protected system files, and replaces any corrupted files.
Once the scan is complete, you can restart your computer and check if Norton Error Code 9999 174 is resolved.
Solution 2: Download and run Norton Remove and Reinstall
The Norton Remove and Reinstall tool helps to remove your current software so that you can download and install the latest version of Norton Security. You can refer to the instructions given below to download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool:
- Step 1: Visit the website to download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Step 2: Go to the default downloads folder and double-click the NRnR icon.
- Step 3: Press ‘Agree’ when the license agreement opens and continue.
- Step 4: Open the advanced options and click the ‘Remove Only’ option.
- Step 5: Once Norton is uninstalled, press the ‘Restart Now’ button and reboot the computer.
When your computer restarts, you can refer to the on-screen steps to reinstall your Norton security software.
Solution 3: Restore the Windows System
In case you find that Norton Error Code 9999 174 is caused because of an app or a software that you installed, you can restore Windows to an earlier time to resolve the issue.
- Step 1: Open the Search option and type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box
- Step 2: Click ‘Control Panel’ and look for the ‘Recovery’ option.
- Step 3: Select ‘Open System Restore’ and select a restore point.
- Step 4: Go through the instructions on the screen to restore your Windows computer.
If you find that Norton Error Code 9999 174 persists even after you implement all the solutions mentioned above, you can call the Norton tech support and ask for additional assistance. Norton tech support experts will be able to give you advanced solutions so that you can fix Error Code 9999 174 as soon as possible.
Read More:- norton technical support number
Source URL: How to fix Norton Error Code 9999 174