Microsoft Office 365 Setup is designed to help organizations digitally alter workplace cooperation. Many customers that I work with use virtualization, and they are always looking for ways to lower costs and improve the user experience. To help, we obtained FSLogix last November, and now, I am pleased to announce four new capacities to enhance the user experience in virtualized environments further:
- FSLogix technology, which enhances the operation of Office 365 ProPlus in multi-user virtual environments, is now available at no additional cost for Microsoft 365 clients.
- Windows Server 2019 will add support for OneDrive Files On-Demand in the coming months.
Get the Identical reliable experience with Office Setup apps in almost any environment with FSLogix
The FSLogix container technologies has become completely integrated with Office programs in virtual environments. This technology enhances the speed and reliability of virtualized Office apps to feel like the experience of using Office programs on a dedicated server. The FSLogix containers work in virtualized environments, such as those supplied by Microsoft, Citrix, and VMWare.
This technology is now included at no extra cost if you are licensed for any of the next Microsoft solutions:
- Microsoft 365 E3/E5/A3/A5/Student Use Benefits/F1/Business
- Windows 10 Enterprise E3/E5
- Windows 10 Education A3/A5
- Windows 10 VDA per user
Easily access OneDrive Files On-Demand using Windows Server 2019
Using OneDrive Files On-Demand, people may access all their documents in OneDrive while downloading the ones they are using to save hard drive space in their devices. In the coming weeks, Windows Server 2019 will encourage OneDrive Files On-Demand for virtualized Office apps users. This service will couple the speedy access to files that consumers love, with reduced User Profile Disk storage demands and cost savings that businesses need. Learn more about the best way to benefit from this new capability with Windows Server 2019.
Run Office 365 ProPlus on Windows Server 2019
While Office 365 ProPlus supplies the best experience when operating on Windows 10, we know some of you rely on Windows Server to supply virtual desktop solutions for your users. For those still needing to migrate from Windows Server 2008/R2 before it reaches the end of service on January 2020, or from Windows Server 2012/R2 until it is no longer supported as a platform for ProPlus, I'm pleased to share that we will help Office 365 ProPlus running on Windows Server 2019. This allows you to take advantage of this Files On-Demand capabilities coming to Windows Server 2019 I said above and also to leverage the hottest Windows Server platform.
Get a better experience with Office apps in virtual environments you can visit www.office.com/setup
Additionally, there are significant improvements to the virtualization encounter for many apps in Office 365, such as Outlook, OneDrive, and programs.
Outlook Cached Mode improvements assist people running Outlook on virtual desktops access to email and calendars faster:
- Sync Inbox earlier Calendar means individuals get faster access to email so they can start working right away.
- Reduce the number of folders which are synced by default, and also an Admin choice to decrease the Calendar sync windowboth of which help syncs completely quicker.
- OneDrive currently comes with a per-machine installation option, allowing people to talk about a single installment of the OneDrive app while still keeping their own individual folders and files as if they are on their device.
- Teams have a per-machine installation for Chat and Collaboration. In the coming months, we'll offer Calling and Meetings in Teams through Audio/Video Media optimization in collaboration with Citrix. We're also likely additional Teams improvements, including enhanced app deployment, support for Windows Virtual Desktop, performance enhancements, and optimized caching for non-persistent installations.
- Windows Search per-user index makes it possible for each user to persist its search index, and so that search is fast and individualized.
In case virtualization is an essential part of your IT strategy, we think you are going to love these new capabilities. If you're interested in assessing the Office Setup apps enhancements we declared today on your virtual environment, please see the Microsoft Download Center.