QuickBooks is considered to be one of the most reliable accounting software available in the market. It is mostly oriented and geared towards small and medium-sized businesses. It usually helps the companies to manage their non-profit finances. But as nothing can be perfect, QuickBooks has some flaws too. One of the annoying errors is QuickBooks error 6073, which occurs when the user tries to open the company file in the multi-user mode. The error takes place due to several reasons which are shared below in this article along with the solutions to fix the error. You can go through the following articles to get your problem fixed very soon. But if you think that you are not a technical master and you may need some assistance, you can connect with the experts at quickbooks tech support number.
Causes of QuickBooks error 6073:
- You may have opened the file in another system where the single-user mode is enabled
- If you have opened the file in a read-only network folder
- If the records are hosted on a Linux server which uses multiple login credentials, this error could occur.
- When the user is logged in a remote operating system and is identified by the user.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6073:
- Method 1: QuickBooks file doctor tool can be used by users to resolve the error 6073. The file doctor can fix other issues as well
- Method 2: If you have opened the file on another system where the single-user mode is enabled, you will have to close QuickBooks desktop from all the computers and then open the company file from the host system. If it still does not work, you will have to reboot all the workstations.
- Method 3: You will have to go to the required folder where the file is stored using the host computer if the file is placed in a read-only network folder.
- Method 4: If you find that your company file is being accessed remotely, you should select task manager. Then, you will have to go to processes, and if you see any processes running, you will be required to restart the system
- Method 5: Go to the Windows explorer and search for the company file if your network data file is corrupted. You will have to change the file extension and proceed. Now, you are required to open the QuickBooks and company file, and QuickBooks will create another network data file.
- Method 6: You will have to delete the hidden option if the network data files are labeled as hidden
These are some basic troubleshooting methods using which you can resolve the error 6073. If you confront any problem while incorporating the steps, you can get in touch with quickbooks customer care and ask technical experts to help you in any possible way.
Read More:- quickbooks contact number
Source URL: How to Fix Quickbooks Error 6073