Most of the antivirus software provides VPN to its user on the premium plans of the software. Likewise to another antivirus, Bitdefender also provides VPN service to its user. However, you may face an error to connect your device using Bitdefender VPN, but you don’t need to worry about it. You can speak to technical support team any time of a day on Bitdefender antivirus support phone number to get the resolution to your issue.
What is a VPN?
VPN is the Virtual Private Network across the public network, which allows the user to send and receive the data, files to the other share public network. Whatever you send or receive will are secured, as the data you send or receive is encrypted. Mostly the business and the organizations use VPN. The login id and password are required to access the data of the company by any of the users in the company using VPN services from anywhere.
If you happen to face VPN connection errors on Bitdefender antivirus, then follow the instructions given below:
- Are you connected to the internet through the internet cable or a WiFi, but you are still not able to access the internet or facing VPN connections error? Go and check the LAN cables connection or if you are using a WiFi, then make sure the internet is working on the router.
- The third-party firewall or router built-in firewall may be strictly preventing the VPN connectivity on Bitdefender antivirus. In such case, you need to go through the user manual of your router to check if it is conflicting with the antivirus or check for the firewall on your device. If any then you can uninstall.
- There may be another VPN or proxy running - In such a case, you need to disable the other VPN or proxy solution.
- Trying to connect using work, school, or a public WiFi - Contact the network administrator and try to change their firewall settings.
You can try the other methods if the above mentions reason is not the cause of an issue.
- You need to restart your computer.
- Connect to a different network. If you are on LAN, switch on to WiFi and vice-versa.
- Bitdefender VPN adapter needs to be enabled. To check, follow the steps given below;
- Go to the start menu, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit the enter button on your keyboard.
- The network connection will open on your computer screen. You will be able to find the adapter AnchorFree Tap-Windows Adapter 9 below the computer icon, right-click on it and choose to Enable from the drop-down.
- Now you try connecting Bitdefender VPN.
Follow the instruction below, if it still isn’t working:
Re-install Bitdefender VPN -
- Uninstall Bitdefender VPN and re-install it.
- Open Bitdefender interface to access privacy in the left menu.
- Click on open VPN from the VPN module.
- Change DNS - Go to the properties window.
- Go to the control panel, next to network and internet, next to network sharing center, next to change adapter settings, then double click on the active adapter.
- Or press the Windows button, type - ncpa.CPL, click twice on the active adapter, then go to the properties.
- In the connections, item list clicks on - internet protocol version 4 (TCP/iPv4) and press properties.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 in - preferred DNS server and enter 22.214.171.124 in - Alternate DNS server option.
- Click on OK to confirm the settings, and restart your computer.
If you still face any kinds of difficulties, then you can call Bitdefender antivirus support on +(1)-888-846-5560 to speak with technical support team 24/7.