A Quicken update, which is also known as a Release or Patch, is meant to improve the program functionality and resolve any known bugs in the software. When a user updates Quicken, it basically means they are downloading and installing a free patch release for the specific version of the software installed on their computer. This article will give you a general overview of how to update your Quicken accounting software so that you get the added benefits. Since updates are only available for currently-supported versions of Quicken you can call the quicken technical support number to find out if you can upgrade your product to receive the required update.
Steps to Update Quicken
Whenever a user downloads transactions from their bank, Quicken will automatically check for updates to the software. In case you receive a prompt indicating an available update you can follow the steps mentioned below to update Quicken:
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Help’ menu and click ‘Check for Updates.’
- Step 2: If you see that an update is available, click ‘Yes.’
- Step 3: Follow the on-screen prompts to install the required updates.
- Step 4: Ensure you exit Quicken so that you can run the update program.
Once you exit Quicken to update the software, all your work will be saved so that you can continue exactly from where you left off after you complete the update.
Steps to Update Quicken via ‘One Step Update’
In case you are unable to complete the steps mentioned above because the ‘Check for Updates’ option is not visible, you will need to update the software using the ‘One Step Update’ method. You can follow the instructions below to update via ‘One Step Update’:
- Step 1: Open the ‘Tools’ section on your Quicken software.
- Step 2: Go to ‘One Step Update’ and click ‘Update Now.’
- Step 3: Quicken will display an update message with a link.
- Step 4: Go through the description to check what is included in the update.
- Step 5: Click the ‘Download Update’ option and initiate the patch download.
Apart from the usual update method and the ‘One Step Update’ method, you can also manually update your software by visiting the Quicken website and checking the list of updates for supported versions. You must keep in mind that the steps to update your Quicken software may vary depending on which version you are using and which operating system you have.
If you have any trouble installing the necessary updates for your Quicken software you can call the quicken tech support number and ask for additional technical assistance. Trained software experts are available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you comprehensive solutions for any error you may encounter on Quicken.
Read more: quicken support number
Source URL: How to get Quicken updated at no cost