QuickBooks is an highly efficient accounting software which is renowned all over the world for the services that it provides to the users. There are various features that this software provides, which ensures that the users are easily able to handle their accounting requirements. Even after being highly efficient in the field that they function there are certain malfunctions that the users come across. One major error which the users encounter is when they face the error H505. This is an error which comes up when there is some issue with the multiuser hosting setup. The user encounters this issue when they try accessing the company file on another computer. This error can be categorized in the series H-code. This error code is generally caused when the users attempt to use the company file, which is placed on a different system which requires additional installation. This issue can also be caused due to incorrect hosting configuration. Once the users have a clear understanding of the issue, then they can solve the malfunction easily. The users can also connect with quickbooks tollfree number ,where they would get additional assistance on how to resolve this malfunction.
Ways to solve QuickBooks error H505
The users can easily solve the error H505 using some really simple troubleshooting procedure. The steps which the users would have to undertake are as given below:
Solution 1: Verify the hosting process
The users must first check the server as a host and then ensure that only one system has the hosting option enabled. The users can then go to the utility option and then check the multi-user host access option. The users can further click on stop to leave only the host computer and remove the rest.
Solution 2: Create exception settings for the firewall
- The user would have to click on start and then choose the control panel.
- Further, you would have to search for the firewall settings.
- Now choose the options to allow a program through the firewall.
- Then click the add program and then include QuickBooks into the exception list.
- Finally, you would have to restart the system so that the changes are saved accurately.
Solution 3: Change the settings of QuickBooks Folder location
The users would have to create a new folder on the hosting system, then share it and set Windows access with the permission to share the company files.
Solution 4: Access the network ports for QuickBooks to transmit data
There is a high possibility that your firewall would be preventing QuickBooks from accessing the internet. In a situation like this, the users would have to make sure that QuickBooks files have not been blocked by Windows Firewall. To ensure this, the users can follow the below given steps:
- The users would have to access the control panel by searching for it in the start menu.
- Once you access the control panel click on the system and security and then choose the Windows Firewall.
- Then you would have to select the advanced settings options and then highlight the inbound rules.
- Further, right-click on the inbound rules and choose the new rules, select the port and then the TCP after which the second radio button to specify the local ports.
- Now select the option of allowing the connection radio button and then click on next.
While solving this error if the users come across any malfunction, then they would have the option of connecting with quickbooks tech support. This service is accessible on a 24-hour basis and is completely free of any expense.
Read More: quickbooks customer support
Source URL: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H505