A QuickBooks user can access their data and company files that have been saved in the software at any system by logging in through their administrative ID. The software connects to the remote server, which means that the server provides access to the data stored in your computer on any other computer through the network. It means that if you wish to edit your data files or view the transactions and your laptop is not available with you, you can always see them on any other available system. But what if you find that you try opening the software through remote server access and it fails to connect. In that case, you can execute the manual troubleshooting methods to rectify the error, or if you need the guidance of a technical expert, you can reach out to quickbooks customer support number at any time.
There are varied reasons behind the server issue. A few basic ones which can be a recurring reason for this dilemma are:
- The server was disconnected or is facing some configuration issues
- Third party Firewall is installed in the network
- The QuickBooks database server manager is having problems to run the server due to some poor connection
What are the steps to fix the issue of QuickBooks not able to connect to the remote server?
A user can solve this particular issue in different ways which are discussed below:
Method 1- Update QuickBooks to its recent version
- Firstly, Open QuickBooks software from your system and download the latest version.
- Choose the desired product and the company file that you wish to update and then click on the link to download the updated data.
Method 2- Verify the Settings in the Webmail Preferences
- Once you have downloaded the latest updates for the software, click on the QuickBooks Edit menu and then navigate to the option of Preferences
- Now you need to click on ‘Forms’ and after that select your default mail account
- Click on the outgoing (SMTP) server details and edit them
- You can manually configure the server and the port settings.
Method 3-Reset the Internet Explorer Settings to Default
- Close the QuickBooks software and double click on Internet Explorer(web browser) icon.
- After that navigate to the Settings option and then click on Tools Menu
- Right, Click on the ‘Internet’ and after that, click on the advanced tab.
- Now enable the advanced settings and click on Okay once done
- Close the web browser
Method 4- Create a network data file
- This is the last step. To create a network data file, click on the Windows icon on the display screen and then type ‘QB Database, Server Manager.’
- After that, select the option of Database Server Manager.
- If you are not able to find it, you can uninstall QuickBooks accounting software and reinstall it.
- Once the installation is complete, click on QuickBooks Database server manager window, locate the path of the company file
- Create a new folder on the desktop. Copy and paste all the files in this new folder and scan them
- After completing the scanning process, verify the .nd data that were created
If the users confront any issues while executing the given steps, they can always contact the technical experts by dialing quickbooks technical support. The adepts are available at your service through the communicative channels of live chat support, emails, and calls.
Read More:- quickbooks support number
Source URL: QuickBooks Unable to Connect to Remote Server