Technology like QuickBooks has helped to reduce the stress of accounting making it easier for medium and small businesses to manage their finances. It allows you to connect to your registered bank accounts online so that you can manage bills, make payments and follow up on all your financial transactions. QuickBooks also has an innovative invoice system through which you can create custom reminders, track the cash flow, and schedule payments. To get the most of QuickBooks you can call the QuickBooks Technical Support and speak to an expert about how you can use the software to grow your business.
The amazing features of QuickBooks will only work if you install the software correctly. Any mistake in the installation process could lead to software errors that can affect your work. This article will give you a brief overview of QuickBooks installation errors and what you can do to resolve them so that you can continue using QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Installation Error Codes
QuickBooks errors are usually indicated using numbers. From the number, you can get an idea about the nature of the problem. For example, Error Code 1722 is related to an installation error. Here are some of the common causes of QuickBooks installation errors:
- The setup file you downloaded was corrupted
- The installation of QuickBooks software was interrupted
- Compatibility issues between QuickBooks and some other application
- It’s possible that the Windows system file was damaged
- Some virus or malware may have deleted important QuickBooks files
Even if there are many causes for the installation errors the solutions are few and fairly straightforward.
How to Fix QB Installation Issue
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a repair tool developed by QuickBooks to automatically diagnose and resolve an error that users may encounter during installation. Use the following steps:
- Go to the Intuit website and download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the exe file on your desktop.
- Close all the background applications and disable the firewall.
- Double click the setup file to run the program as admin.
- Search for the option that reads ‘I am having problems installing QuickBooks’.
- Allow the tool to complete running the scan and make the necessary changes.
- Restart your computer and let the system reboot the system save the changes
Solution 2: Update Windows
If the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool does not resolve the issue then you can try and update your system to troubleshoot the error. Check to make sure all the updates released by Windows are successfully installed and running on your system. You can follow the steps given below to perform a Windows update
- Go to the Start menu and type ‘Update’ in the search box. Look through the results and search for ‘Windows Update’.
- Go to ‘Change Settings’ and checkmark the option that says “Install updates automatically (recommended).”
- Navigate to the ‘Recommended updates’ section and make the necessary changes so that you receive all the recommended updates along with the important updates. Click ‘Ok’ to confirm the changes to the Windows update settings.
If the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and the Windows update failed to resolve the issue you can contact QuickBooks Customer Service Number and ask for additional tech support.
Source URL: QuickBooks installation error