The Canada Pension Plan, or CPP, is a contribution made by every employee above the age of 18 earning more than the minimum wage. Because there could be different reasons why Sage 50 Accounting software could not calculate the CPP of an individual, it is important to find exactly why the error occurred so that you can implement the correct solution. You can call the sage customer service number and speak to a professional software expert to try and identify the root of the calculation error. You can use the solutions mentioned in this article to try and resolve the CPP Amount Calculation issue in your Sage 50 software:
Solution 1: Check the Employee Age
On Sage 50, CPP will only be calculated if the employee’s age is between 18 and 70 years. You can refer to the steps below to check the information of the employee and verify if the date of birth is correct:
- Step 1: Open Sage 50 Accounting on your computer.
- Step 2: Go to the menu and double-click the ‘Employee’ icon.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Personal’ tab and view the employee record.
- Step 4: Check the information and verify if the date of birth is correct.
Sage 50 users must also note that there is no age limit for individuals working in Quebec. Once you verify if there is an error in the birth date, you can make the necessary changes to fix the CPP Amount Calculation issue.
Solution 2: Check the Pay Periods of the Employee
The CPP amount that is calculated depends on the employment income. Hence, if there is a problem in the pay details of the employee, there will be an error in the CPP Amount Calculation. You can refer to the steps below to check the pay periods of the employee:
- Step 1: Open Sage 50 and click on the ‘Income’ tab.
- Step 2: Check the number for ‘Periods per Year’ in the employee record.
- Step 3: Ensure the amount of ‘This Period’ is more than ‘Specific amount.’
- Step 4: In case the total amount is less than gross pay, no CPP will calculate.
- Step 5: Select the correct pay period based on the number of paycheques the employee receives throughout the year.
If you find that the CPP Amount Calculation issue persists even after you verified the employee birth data and the pay periods then you can call the sage tech support and ask for additional assistance. Trained software technicians are available 24 hours a day to help you resolve any error related to Sage 50 Accounting.
Read More:- sage support number