Quicken is a top financial management software that helps users and business owners efficiently track all the financial transactions. Quicken has several online tools that help you to monitor your investments along with your credit and debit card transactions. The wonderful thing about QuickBooks is that the software is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. Not only that, but you can also convert your data from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac so that you can continue your work on either device. This article will give you a general idea about how to convert from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac. Although the steps involved in this process are fairly straightforward you can call the quicken helpline number and ask for additional tech support to avoid any data loss because of some unintentional mistakes while converting your Quicken files.
Exporting your files from Quicken Windows
While making the shift from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac you should follow the steps given below to export your Quicken files from your Windows computer:
- Open Quicken on Windows and go to the ‘Tool’ menu.
- Go to the ‘Accounts list’ and check the hidden Quicken accounts.
- Select the option to manage your accounts and click ‘Hide in Quicken’.
- Rename the Quicken files to include uppercase
- Select the files you want and click “Accept all”. Use ‘QIF’ format to export.
- Enter the file name as “Account.qif” and save it
- Open “Quicken Account to Export from” and choose the relevant account
- Choose an appropriate date range for the files you want to export
- It is recommended that you use the FAT file format as it is accessible on Windows as well as Mac
Once the files are ready simply copy them on a CD so that you can export them to your Mac device. After all the data is converted to the subscription release of Quicken for Mac you should check the files to make sure no data is missing and everything was copied correctly.
Importing Quicken files for Mac
If you have successfully copied all the Quicken files you want to transfer onto a CD you can go through the instructions mentioned below to import those file to your Mac device:
- Step 1: Login to your Quicken account from your Mac device.
- Step 2: Go to the Quicken file menu and select “New Quicken File”.
- Step 3: Enter the required Quicken data in the Create Data File box and proceed.
- Step 4: Insert the CD that has the files you exported from your Windows device.
- Step 5: Open the import options and choose “From QIF”.
It is quite possible that different versions of QuickBooks may have different options related to transferring files. If you have any trouble completing these steps you can call the quicken technical support phone number and speak to a trained executive to know the best way to resolve the error so that you can successfully transfer your files.