Canon Printers are considered to be one of the best printers in the world, and for good reason. These printers are designed and custom made to meet the specific requirements of the customer. There are different models of Canon Printers and each model comes with its own unique features and functions. Even though Canon Printers are known for being user-friendly you may sometimes encounter errors that prevent you from completing your printing tasks. Canon Printer Error Code 6000 is one such error that can disrupt your work because it does not allow you to print new documents. This article will give you an insight into the steps you can use in order to solve Canon Printer Error Code 6000 and carry on using the printer. Since it is not possible to give a detailed troubleshooting solution in an article like this you can call the Canon Printer Customer Service Number and ask for additional assistance in case you do not understand any of the steps mentioned below.
Causes of Canon Printer Error Code 6000
Canon Printer Error Code 6000 is a hardware error that indicates there is a problem with one of the printer components. In order to find the best solution to fix the Canon Printer error, it helps to know what caused the error in the first place. Here are some of the causes of Canon Printer Error Code 6000:
- The feed tray of the printer is blocked and cannot be opened. This blockage is caused due to the accumulation of dust particles or pieces of paper.
- Canon Printer Error Code 6000 can also occur if the paper tray was not correctly attached to the printer at the time of installation.
- Sometimes users give multiple print commands so as to speed up the printing process. However, these multiple commands can cause errors.
- It is possible that the line feed is smeared or scratched or there are sensor unit defects in the printer that may have caused the error.
Steps to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 6000
Restarting or resetting your Canon Printer is the safest and most effective way to troubleshoot any hardware errors, including Canon Printer Error Code 6000. You can refer to the instructions below to reset the printer and resolve the error:
- Step 1: Disconnect your Canon printer from the power source and let it remain idle for a couple of minutes.
- Step 2:Carefully reconnect the power cable for the printer, insert it into the power socket and turn it on.
- Step 3:Press and hold the power button on your printer for the next few seconds and then press the ‘Stop’ button twice.
- Step 4:Repeat this procedure twice and then release the power button. After you release the power button press the ‘Stop’ button four times.
After you reset the printer try and print a test document. If you find that the error is still not resolved then you can call the Canon Printer Customer Support and see if you can implement any advanced troubleshooting steps.
Read More: Canon Printer Support Number
Source URL: Canon Printer error code 6000