surrogacy cost in India: Today couples across the world are facing fertility issues. India is becoming the center for the patient in the entire world because of its cost of fertility treatments, experiences of doctors, facilities for better treatment, providing financial help for the treatment, etc. In India patients with fertility problems have the right to get the help of surrogacy. Surrogacy is becoming very famous and helpful in the world. India has been providing surrogacy treatment for the last twenty years. The surrogates not only help the Indians but also provide help to the foreign couples. In India, the cost of the surrogate mother is less than in other countries such as the USA, Russia, Canada, and Ukraine. Before the procedure of becoming a surrogate, the woman undergoes various screenings and medical tests to ensure the health of the surrogate mother at the center in India. The success in surrogacy is higher than any other treatment of fertility. India being a developing country provides a huge number of centers for fertility treatment and every center is providing every facility of the treatment. India is becoming the first option for surrogacy treatment.
The procedure of surrogacy in India:
There are mainly two types of procedures available for surrogacy in every fertility center of India. The two types are Gestation and genetic surrogacy.
Genetic is the traditional form of surrogacy. In this, the surrogate mother is the genetic mother of the coming child, and the surrogate is inseminated with the male sperm, the father of the child.
In gestational surrogacy the genetic mother of the child can be the own mother of the child as the eggs collected from the ovaries of the patient or the donor’s eggs can be used, mixed with male sperm in the lab (in vitro) the same process as in IVF. If the quality of sperm is not good, the donor’s eggs can be used. The fertilized egg (embryo) is transferred into the uterus of a surrogate mother.
Both surrogacy procedures are available in every center of India at a very good success rate and cost of the treatment in India.
Eligibility of becoming surrogate in India:
- Women at the age of 35 years or less than this, women in their 40s or more than this should not be entertained.
- The surrogate women at least have one healthy baby.
- Women have no right to cancel the process of surrogacy after signing the surrogacy bond with the parents of the child.
- Women should have the permission of her husband before becoming a surrogate.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle without any addiction or use of alcohol and drugs.
These are the eligibility that the patient looks for in India.
Who can have the surrogate in India:
Patients of India and from the world can have a surrogate in the country but according to the new laws of India the criteria is not same as it was:
- Patients suffering from sterility failed in multiple cycles of IVF treatment, losing the hopes of having a biological child.
- Systematic conditions: a patient suffering from internal problems like diabetes, heart problems, organ transplant, etc.
- Pelvic conditions: facing endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory diseases, and PCOS.
- Ovarian and uterine conditions: not having healthy ovaries, removal of uterine due to cancer or tumors, fibroids.
These are medical terms on this basis the patient can have the surrogate for becoming parents in India.
Laws in India for surrogacy:
- The couple should be married to each other for at least two years.
- Affidavit with a sign of both the surrogate and the parents of the coming child confirming that not one of them can deny the whole procedure or not able abandon the child after the birth of the child.
- The legal contract with signs of both for the confirmation of surrogacy,
- Affiliation of a letter that confirms that payment for the entire procedure was paid to the surrogate with her signature on it.
The total expenditure of surrogacy relies on several factors. The total expenditure on surrogacy is still lesser than in many developed countries like the US, USA and, etc. The surrogate mother cost in India is around Rs. 3,500 to Rs. 5,000 per month and the sum of around Rs.3 lacs to Rs. 4 lacs after the birth of a child. In this mentioned amount the expenditure entirely is not included as the procedure charges, medication cost, donors' eggs, and sperm pay ups.
At the end of the article, India providing a facility of surrogacy is very famous and less costly as compared to the different countries. The success rates of surrogacy are also higher. Please search for the best center for fertility in India before going for it.