When using the QuickBooks desktop in multi-user environment, the users might often face issue related to firewall. In case the firewall blocks the internet access needed for specific QuickBooks programs or files, then such an error could be seen. If you are also looking for the process to configure QuickBooks firewall for multi-user mode in QuickBooks, then read this post till the end or you can also contact our QuickBooks professionals for further tech support. Use our toll-free number, and get in touch with experts immediately.
Configure exceptions and ports to your QuickBooks firewall manually
- The user needs to open the start menu and search the word firewall
- Select the windows firewall
- Select advanced settings
- And right click inbound rules and select new rule
- Click on port and select next
- Check the TCP option and type in specific ports needed for your QuickBooks year version, if you have installed, or will be using multiple year versions of QuickBooks desktop, the user will need to add each year ports as well in this format
- In the case of QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- The ports for QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- Required for QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- The user will then have to click on next tab and ensure to allow the connection is selected, then choose next tab.
- Ensure all profiles are check marked and choose next tab.
- Assign a name such as QBPorts and click on finish tab when done.
- Repeat the steps above for the outbound rules.
- Try opening QuickBooks desktop again in multi-user mode or over the network to see if the issue is resolved.
By the end of this post, we expect that the readers might be able to configure the QuickBooks firewall for multi-user mode in QuickBooks successfully. However, if you are unable to perform the necessary steps, then in that case contact our QuickBooks premier technical support team at1-844-405-0906.
QuickBooks Company File Error 6189
QuickBooks remote access