Before setting up the HP printer, the user should perform a few certain steps as mentioned:
The printer needs to be unboxed, the cables should be connected and install the ink cartridge beforehand. Also, place the papers in the printer tray.
- Open the website support.hp.com on your web browser to select SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS.
- Enter your product name/number/ serial number -> FIND.
- Choose the latest drivers for downloading. This will get the downloading started.
- Choose RUN/SAVE to continue, depending on your browser. You can also just click on the 123.hp.com.setup file which is downloaded for launching the installer.
- Above steps will download your file and open the installer. Select CONTINUE.
- Click on NEXT, which will open the terms of service window. Select NEXT. This will commence the software installation.
- Choose USB -> NEXT.
- Use a USB cable now to connect your computer with the Printer. Your printer will get detected by the installer.
- In the new pop-up box, enter the pieces of information required and choose NEXT.
- The installation will get Completed and automatically, the Printer assistant will get opened, which provides the options for the printer, like monitoring ink levels.
FIXING OFFLINE ISSUE:
1.Ensure that the mode of USE PRINTER OFFLINE is not selected.
- Open the menu of START, open settings -> devices -> then the printer and scanners.
- Choose your HP printer and make a right-click on it from the list of printers.
- Deselect the USE PRINTER OFFLINE option from the menu to bring back your printer to online mode.
2.Make sure to make your printer your default printer.
- Fill in RUN by clicking on your Windows button. In the dialogue box, enter CONTROL PANEL. Choose OK.
- Select the option of Device and Printer to find a list of printers. You can now make sure that your printer is set as the default printer by confirming that your printer has a green tick mark. If it isn’t set as the default printer, you can do it by right-clicking on your preferred printer.
3.Removing or updating the outdated Version of your printer driver.
- Search DEVICE MANAGER in the window search and make a click on it.
- You’ll find a Printers section. Expand this for locating the model number of your printer. Make a right-click on it and choose UPDATE DRIVER option.
- Now, click on the option of SEARCH AUTOMATICALLY and hold on till the printer driver gets updated. Restart your computer once the process gets completed.
- If one wishes to re-install their driver, they can select REMOVE PROGRAMS from the control panel and uninstall the existing printer driver. Then they can download and install their printer’s driver from the HP website.
4.Troubleshooting the printer spooler settings.
- Open the dialogue box of RUN and enter ‘Services.msc’, then select OK.
- Search for the option of PRINTER SPOOLER from the list.
- Make a right-click on it and pause the printer spooler services by clicking on STOP.
- In the WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER, click on the address bar and enter C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer, then select OK.
- Now clear the printing queue by deleting all of the files from the printer folder.
- Now, right-click the Printer spooler by going back to it and click on START Option for resuming the spooler services again.
- In the end, restart your printer and computer.
SOME OF THE OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTORS, WHICH CAN ALSO CAUSE OFFLINE ISSUES, THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED:
- Make sure to keep your printer and computer on the same wifi network, when it’s a wireless connection.
- When the HP printer is configured in your computer, it is recommended that you reboot your system regularly to keep the settings of the HP printer saved.
- Some of the other reasons that leads to printer offline issues are: low level of ink, paper jamming, fluctuation of voltage, etc.
- Often, improper connection leads to the offline issue.
In such case
1.Make certain that both the ends of the USB cable are attached appropriately to the printer and the computer and if it’s a wireless connection, ensure that the connectivity of the: hp printer install & download
and the router is compatible.
- Few other key reasons are:
2.When the configuration of the IP ADDRESS is not done properly on the desktop or the laptop.
-For fixing configuration issue:
- Access the HP CONFIGURATION SCREEN.
- From the settings, select the NETWORKING TAB.
- From the drop-down menu, choose IP ADDRESS.
- Select the option of manual settings and type the correct IP ADDRESS.
For avoiding the HP printer offline issues, it is recommended to make sure that the user keeps all printer drivers installed and updated accurately. It is also important to update the system settings and printer drivers on a regular basis as it eradicates any possible error that could occur while you are using the printer.
Read More:- https://contactfor-guide.com/