There might be situations when the user ends up in an error stating “The company file is missing or cannot be found.” Or “Warning: The company file you selected could not be found.”. As a result, to this error, the user might have to re-enter any of the unsaved data. Getting rid of this sort of error becomes easy, once the user goes through the below stated steps.
Thus, if you are also facing QuickBooks error: Connection has been lost error message, then reading this post carefully till the end would definitely work. Or you can also get in touch with our team of professionals at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-844-405-0906, and let our team help you out with the best possible services.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error: Connection Has Been Lost Problem
The user can fix the connection to QuickBooks company file is lost error by carrying out any of the below methods:
Method 1: Checking if the file is set as read only
- Under this, the user needs to look for and find the file in Windows explorer
- And then, right click the company file
- After that, move to the general tab and also ensure that read only box is not checked. In case the box is checked, the user is recommended to uncheck the checkbox and select ok tab
- The last step is to try to open the file again
Method 2: Ensuring that QuickBooks is updated to the latest release
The user needs to ensure that the QuickBooks accounting software is updated to the latest release. The steps involved under this are as follows:
- At first, the user needs to move to the QuickBooks desktop
- And then, press F2 key and also open product information window
- After that the user should check the current QuickBooks version and release
Fixing connection to QuickBooks company file lost issue is possible with the steps we have discussed above. Whereas, if the user continues to face the same issue again and again, then it is recommended to get in touch with our team of professionals.
You can ring up to us at 1-844-405-0906, and let our QuickBooks premier support team handle the rest.