Want to treat yourself to luxury? Well, in that case, you can opt for an upgrade on American Airlines flight. AA is the world’s largest airline to make bookings with. It is known for offering excellent services and incredible amenities to the travelers so that they can fly to their destination smoothly. Travelers are allowed to upgrade their seat if they want to enjoy luxury in the air. These upgrades are subject to availability and you will get your preferred seat only if it is available. Upgrades are only valid to the next cabin of service and are only valid for a single one-way trip. Check the important guidelines here and make American Airlines Reservations accordingly.
Find Upgrade Availability on American Airlines Flight
- Visit the official website of the airline.
- Make a search for the systemwide upgrade link to look out for the flights on which upgrade seats are available.
- If enough upgrades are available, then this will be displayed on the screen.
How to Request an Upgrade on American Airlines Flight?
Here is given the step-by-step procedure to request an upgrade on American Airlines flight. Let’s have a look.
- Browse the official website of the airline on the web browser of your choice and make sure that Systemwide Upgrade is available in your AAdvantage account.
- Connect with the service desk to confirm an upgrade. If the upgrade is available, then the required number of upgrades will be cut down from your account.
- If no upgrade is available at the time of making American Airlines Reservations, then the airline will waitlist your request.
- These waitlisted requests will get confirmed in the below-mentioned order:
Elite Status ,Level Upgrade Type ,12-month Rolling EQDs
- If the upgrade is still not confirmed at the time of flight check-in, then the airline will automatically add you to the airport upgrade standby list if your account has enough number of upgrades.
- Once the upgrade is confirmed on American Airlines flight, the mobile app and passbook will be automatically updated.
Please note down the fact that these systemwide upgrades are not available in the below-given cases:
- If the travelers have booked flight tickets in the codeshare flight, including those marketed by American and operated by other airlines.
- If the booking is made with the fares that are ineligible for mileage credit.
- Military or government fares