Don’t you just hate it when you are trying to use QuickBooks and because of a corrupted company file or network issue your work gets delayed? It is not only you, but millions of users worldwide have complained about this two issue and Intuit has responded back by developing ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’, which is a tool which can be used to fix problems like the two mentioned before. It is an amalgamation of file diagnostic and network diagnostic tool which was later integrated along with QuickBooks software. So, whenever you are having trouble accessing the company file or the network, simply QuickBooks File Repair. However, you might face instances where instead of repairing the broken file or network connectivity issue, the tool itself crashes down or stops working. There are a lot of reasons behind this error and even though the reason is different, the solution is the same. So stick around if you want to learn how to fix this error. You can also talk to the representatives at QuickBooks customer service.
To handle this error you can choose from many different methods, but one, in particular, stands out and that is the ‘restore the backup of the corrupted file’ method. This is a very effective solution in times like this and has resolved this issue many times in the past. So to get started, follow the instructions below:
- Start things off by backing up the damaged files which help in replacing the corrupted ones with the new files.
- Open your QuickBooks program and go to the ‘file’ menu. And under this, choose ‘open or restore company’.
- And under that option, click on ‘click open or restore a backup copy’. And then move forward by clicking on the ‘next’ button.
- Now, click the option that says ‘local backup’ and proceed to hit ‘next’.
- Now choose a secure backup file location on your computer to save the files.
- Locate and select the files which end with ‘.QBB extension’ and ‘open’ these files and click on ‘next’.
- When the ‘save in drop-down’ message box appears, select the location to store the restored files.
- Make sure to put the name of the file in the same field and when the ‘save as’ field appears with the entry of the ‘.QBW’ file, click the ‘save’ button to finish the restoration process.
Now, if you have applied the steps accordingly, you would have successfully resolved the error. However, still if you are not able to solve the issue then you need to quickbooks file repair doctor again by following the correct procedure.
Source URL: quickbooks file repair software