QuickBooks error code 15106 is an error related to the QuickBooks payroll unable to update. The user might come across the issue, while working on the QuickBooks software. It is a very common issue that can be seen due to problems in the update program. The message indicates that the update program has been damaged. There can be various causes of this error, which will be discussed later.
You may see the following error messages on your desktop screen:
Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened
Error 15106: The update program is damaged
Thus, make sure that you read the post carefully till the end, or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at our toll-free support number +1-844-405-0906, and they will help you out with the process to fix the issue.
What leads to QuickBooks error 15106?
There can be a couple of causes behind the QuickBooks error 15106, namely:
- Spy Sweeper present in the Webroot antivirus software can be the main cause
- Another situation when such error occurs can be that the user might not have logged in with the username having admin level rights. If the ability to read and write new files gets limited resulting in difficulty to perform the required task
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error 15106
The user can fix the QuickBooks error code 15106, by carrying out the steps above:
- The user needs to login as an admin, as the error might appear due to not being logged in as an admin
- Also, spy sweeper might create issue at times. The users can check out its present in their system. Open the windows task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys. After that click on the processes tab and look for spy sweeper.exe.
- In case the above steps didn’t work, then the user needs to turn off the user account control temporarily depending upon the windows used by the user.
- Or if the QuickBooks error code 15106 issue persists in selective startup, the user needs to perform a clean install of the QuickBooks software
Resolving the QuickBooks error 15106 becomes easy by carrying out the steps above. However, if you continue to face the issue, then we recommend you to consult our professionals right away at our toll-free support number +1-844-405-0906. Our QuickBooks premier technical support experts will help you out with the process with much ease.