In the process of using the leaf chain(GETECHAIN), it is inevitable to encounter chain failure. Next, I will list several common failures of the leaf chain. For example:
1. Sprocket tooth wear: If there is obvious wear on both sides of sprocket tooth, the transmission alignment is not good. If a "bend groove" is generated, the sprocket should be replaced if the wear is excessive, or the sprocket can be reversely installed so that the less worn side faces the leaf chain. The chain wheel that is excessively worn is best replaced with the chain.
2. pin shaft wear: pin shaft wear is usually caused by insufficient lubrication. Always check the lubricating oil for abrasives or change the lubricating method.
3. Side abrasion of link plate: If the inner surface of the inner link plate is seriously abraded, the transmission is misaligned. The solution is to check the alignment of the shaft and sprocket. If there is no problem in installation, check whether the rigidity is insufficient due to excessive load and deformation during operation.
4. Chain jitter: The reason for leaf chain jitter is that the chain is too loose, the load is too large, or one or more links are inflexible. The solution is to install chain tensioner or adjust the center distance. Reduce the load if possible.
5. Cooperation between chain and sprocket: If the cooperation between chain and sprocket is not good, it may be that the chain hinge is worn and the pitch is elongated. If there is tooth jump, replace the chain in time. If the sprocket is worn, replace it to avoid damaging the new chain.
6. Excessive noise in the operation of the leaf chain: The reason for excessive noise is that the sprockets are not coplanar; Chain tightness is too large or too small; Insufficient lubrication; Wear of chain and sprocket, Or the chain pitch is too large. The solution is to check the parallelism between the front and rear shafts and the sprocket and correct it. Adjust the center distance and tensioning device to obtain proper tightness and ensure lubrication to the workpiece.
7. Leaf chain tension: The tension of the chain is related to the sag distance of the loose edge of the chain. For horizontal and inclined transmission with adjustable center distance, the sag of the loose edge of chain shall be 2% of left stone of center distance. The centerline is vertically driven or subjected to vibration load, and the reverse drive should make the chain more tensioned.
If you are interested in our products, you can click combine chains to learn more information.